Our Fall Ball League will be starting up on the weekend of September 7th. We will have 3 divisions this year. The 10U division is for players that will be in 3rd or 4th grade this fall, the 12U division is for those going into 5th and 6th, and our Sr. Division is for those going into 7th and 8th grade. If you are a young 7th grader and know you will want to play Cal Ripken next spring you are more than welcome to play in the 12U division. Important Details to know:
- All games 10U and 12U games will be at Fields Bridge. All 14U games will be played on the WL Senior Ball fields Rosemont and Oppenlander.
- Cost per each WLBA Player is $80
- WLBA Players will register Online here Click this link to register
- Player Agent with the help of coaches will create fair teams.
- 10U will play 60ft base path, 12U will play 70ft base path, and 14U will play 90U base path.
- Games will primarily be played on Sunday’s with possibly some Saturday play (usually late in afternoon to avoid football and soccer conflicts).
- Each team will play 10 games.
- Fall Ball season is a development season, so it is more laid back and less structured. We realize that kids are playing other sports in the fall so missing games isn't a big deal. We typically put 12-15 kids on a team knowing kids miss for other sports, college football, etc.
- Registration closes on August 25
- We will need Head and Assistant Coaches at each level.
To view or print team flyer - click here
Please contact the Fall Ball Coordinator, Aaron Howard with any questions at (503)680-7935 or email@example.com
Regional Tournament Results
Congratulations to West Linn's 10U All Star team winner of the Northwest Regional Tournament in Lewiston Montana. They will be heading to Winchester, Virginia for the Cal Ripken World Series. The play begins August 9th and the winner will be crowned August 16.
The 10U team:
Manager- Danny Nance
Players- Rochne Beecham, Tyler Crawford, Ethan Goff, Zach Johnson, Kade Kadel, Myles Lovato, Jaime Nance, Kace Naone, Wyatt Norris, Jordan Tawa, Darren Wianko, Mitch Winters
West Linn's Federal Team & 13U Babe Ruth Team Wins State
With a win in the state tournament West Linn Federal team advances to the Babe Ruth Regional Tournament in Whitefish, MT. July 30th through August 2nd. West Linn's 13U team took home the first place trophy in their state tournament.
The 14U Federal Team finished second in the Regionals in Whitefish, MT one victory from going to the World Series.
Cal Ripken 5/27- Final Season Standings
|Majors 70 Team||M-70 Coach||W||L||T||W/L %|
|McDonalds W Linn||Pihas||14||3||1||0.806|
|Tiffany Home Design||Valerius||8||9||1||0.472|
|Bens Heating & AC||Edwards||8||10||0||0.444|
|1 or 2 Optometric||Kohler||7||10||1||0.417|
|Majors 60 Team||M-60 Coach||W||L||T||W/L %|
|River Crossing Endodontics||Lovato||12||4||2||0.722|
|Linn City Pub||Selander||11||6||1||0.639|
|Power Plants Online||Kadel||6||12||0||0.333|
|Minors Team||Minors Coach||W||L||T||W/L %|
|1 or 2 Optometry||Curdy||10||7||1||0.583|
|Slam - AUP||Hoffberg||7||11||0||0.389|
|Kokanee NW Contractors||Chase||1||16||1||0.083|